How to apply
Submissions are now open for the 23rd Masterschool! Apply by Friday, December 2nd!
We welcome applications from:
- All professional and up-and-coming filmmakers from EU member countries or countries that participate in the Creative Europe Programme;
- All factual projects in development, from all media (TV, film, VR, interactive, etc.);
- Projects suitable for international development. It is important that the projects have a strong storyline that appeals to a broad international audience;
- Projects that have NOT already been pitched internationally;
- Applicants that hold the author’s rights for the submitted project(s);
- Documentary Campus is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and encourages applications from all peoples and project topics.
To apply, please prepare:
- Treatment: Maximum 2-page story outline proposal, a tagline, and a short (approximately ten lines) synopsis;
- Access: Evidence of access to key characters or institutions. This can be presented as a written statement in your treatment and/or as part of the visual material in your teaser (NOTE: releases of main protagonists MUST be signed by the second Masterschool session);
- Budget: First draft of a budget and financing plan;
- Trailer: Teaser or character reel (maximum 3 minutes) of key protagonists (NOTE: If you have no recorded material, please send us a Mood Board to visually depict the direction of style or overall feel which you are pursuing);
- Profile: Information on production team: director/producer profile picture, CVs, and if applicable, company profile;
- Self-Presentation Film: Short video (maximum 4 minutes) explaining your motivation to take part in the Masterschool;
- Showreel: A brief showreel of your previous work (maximum 3 minutes);
- Recommendation: A letter of recommendation from a commissioner, funder, experienced production house or experienced distributor.
NOTE: All documents submitted must be in PDF format. All materials must be submitted in English. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Please apply via FilmFreeway Apply by Friday, December 2nd!