Timeline & Content 2021 - 2022
Gitte Hansen, Head of Studies, will oversee the entire process of your time with Campus Istanbul. Trainers with extensive knowledge in storytelling work closely with you to develop your project. Their role is to guide, advise and help shape projects for the international market. Success in the global market requires international audience appeal, relevance, broadcaster demand and co-production potential. Trainers will also provide the grounding to help you work internationally in the future, this includes the use of exclusive documentary case studies to reveal the steps to successful international co-productions. It’s intense. You will be challenged!
At the end of the workshops, two fully developed projects that show the potential to attract international audiences will be selected to participate in the Master’s Pitch at DOK.fest München in May 2022. Even if your project is not one of the ones chosen, don’t worry, because you will be well on your way to entering the international arena. Your project will be included in the online catalogue of projects that will be made available to producers, commissioning editors, and sales agents worldwide and promoted at international events.
1st Workshop: 1-5 December 2021 (Istanbul, Turkey)
- Treatments, Written Proposal
- The Power of Visual Material and your Trailer
- International Documentary Market
- Producer Kit: Budgets, International Co-productions, Financing
- VR/AR/XR – New Technologies
- Impact & Outreach
2nd Workshop: February 2022 (Istanbul, Turkey)
- More on Trailers
- How to work with Broadcasters and Sales Agents
- Pitch Training & Pitching Session
- Selection of 2 best projects to go to DOK.fest München
- Next Steps: Teams are debriefed and given assistance to design their finance and outreach strategies
Please note: We are currently planning to hold the workshops in person in Istanbul, however we may need to modify and make contingency plans in case international travel and/or in person sessions are not possible or safe. We will inform participants of our decisions and any developments closer to the actual dates of the workshops.
Project Catalogue: March 2022
- The fully developed projects will be published online. This catalogue of documentary projects will be accessible to producers, sales agents and broadcasters with an interest in stories from Turkey. The catalogue will also serve to promote documentary projects from Turkey during international documentary events.
Master's Pitch: May 2022 (Dok.fest Munich, Germany)
- The two producer/director teams pitch their projects at the Master’s Pitch at DOK.fest Munich* to leading commissioning editors and buyers from around the world.The pitch is not just about getting your film off the ground. The people you connect with at these events may become long term mentors, friends and colleagues. This is an important step towards building confidence, and perhaps the beginnings of an international career.
Please note: Attendance is subject to the status of the pandemic, immunisation, travel restrictions and safety of in-person gatherings at the time the festival. If it is not possible to attend the festival in person, training and pitching will be conducted online.