How to apply
Application Procedure for the Masterschool 2014
- Treatment: Max. 2-page proposal
- Access: Evidence of access to key characters or institutions. This can be presented as a written statement in your treatment and/or as part of the visual material in your teaser.
- Budget: 1-page budget and financing plan
- Trailer: Teaser or character reel (max. 3 min, 50 MB) of key protagonists. NOTE: In case you have no recorded material, please send us a Mood Board to let us know visually the direction of style or overall feel which you are pursuing.
- Profile: Info on production team: CVs and company profile, if applicable
- Self-presentation Film: Short video (max. 4 min, 50 MB) explaining your motivation to take part in the Masterschool.
- Showreel: Link to your brief showreel of previous work. Please submit the link when filling the application form, there is no need to upload this video.
- Recommendation: A letter of recommendation from a commissioner, funder, experienced production house or experienced distributor is not a must but of help.
Please refer to the FAQ Section for more details.
NOTE: All documents submitted must be .PDF and requested videos (click here for supported formats) must not exceed 50 MB each. The materials have to be submitted in English! Incomplete applications cannot be taken into consideration.
To apply for the Documentary Campus Masterschool 2014, please fill out the Application Form and make sure to upload all requested materials by going through the procedure below.
To submit your project, please upload all the requested material to Drive* and share it with us.
1- Login to Drive, or register as a new user.
2- Create a new folder by clicking on the button on the left menu.
3- Name the folder after your project’s name.
4- Upload all requested documents and videos listed above directly to this folder by clicking on the arrow on the left menu.
Make sure to name all the material properly (Treatment, Access, Budget, Trailer, Profile, Self-presentation Film, and Recommendation).
5- Select your project’s folder and click on "Share"
6- Share the folder with firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure the “Can edit” function is selected, as Documentary Campus has to download the material for selection purposes.
7- Repeat Steps 2-6 if you would like to submit a second project.
8- Fill out and submit the application form
Check this Sample Project to confirm how your's should look like.
*Drive will be used strictly as a storage space, as a channel to submit all the requested material and a way to share it with us, should there be any problems/difficulties using it, please get in touch with us by writing to email@example.com.