Do you have a documentary project in development? Do you want to reach the international market and present your project professionally to decision-makers from all over the world? Then we look forward to receiving your application for the Masterschool 2022!
NOTE: Projects that have already been pitched at an international pitch event are ineligible. The pitch at the Leipzig Networking Days must be a PREMIERE.
- Treatment: Maximum 2-page story-outline proposal, a tagline, and a short approx. ten-line synopsis.
- Access: Evidence of access to key characters or institutions. This can be presented as a written statement in your treatment and/or as part of the visual material in your teaser; Releases of main protagonists MUST be signed by the second session
- Budget: First draft of a budget and financing plan;
- Trailer: Teaser or character reel (max. 3 min) of key protagonists (NOTE: In case you have no recorded material, please send us a Mood Board to let us know visually the direction of style or overall feel which you are pursuing);
- Profile: Information on production team: director/producer profile picture, CVs and company profile, if applicable;
- Self-Presentation Film: Short video (max. 4 min) explaining your motivation to take part in the Masterschool;
- Showreel: A brief showreel of your previous work (maximum 3 minutes);
- Recommendation: A letter of recommendation from a commissioner, funder, experienced production house or experienced distributor;
Please refer to the FAQ Section for more details.
NOTE: All documents submitted must be in PDF format. All materials must be submitted in English. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
As soon as submissions are open, you can upload your projects through FilmFreeway. We will shortly post a direct link and a manual about FilmFreeway here.
If you have any questions or need help, please feel free to contact our Masterschool Coordinator Sarah Binetsch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, or subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date.