Who can apply?
CAMPUS LATINO is looking for documentary professionals (directors and producers) coming from Latin America, who have experience in their domestic market but strive to work across Latin America and Europe and are looking for an international audience. You can take part in the workshop as a producer and director team. NEW: Thanks to the collaboration with DOCMA and the Goethe-Institut Madrid, projects in development from Spain can also apply.
We are looking for
• All types of creative documentaries for festival and theatrical release and/or TV broadcast.
We are interested in projects in development on subjects relevant to the modern world, with great stories and charismatic characters.
What to submit & when:
Submission opens: 3rd of September 2020
Submissions closes: 29th of September 2020 (23:59 local time of applicant’s country)
Publication of selection: 10th of October 2020
Download the Call PDF HERE
When applying, please send the application (one PDF document) as one email before 29th of September 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org and Jenny.Muegel@goethe.de
Please send us the following application materials:
• Duration (in minutes of the programme)
• Trailer (online streaming link of a trailer (max. 3 min) of the project and/or examples of previous work)
• Photo(s) between 1-3 stills that represent the project (mood, protagonist or location)
• Name, email, mobile phone and country of Director
• Name, email, mobile phone and country of Producer
• Logline: 300 characters incl. spaces
• Synopsis: max. 2.000 characters incl. spaces
• Dramatic arc & Narrative structure: max. 2.000 characters incl. spaces
• Visual Approach: max. 2.000 characters incl. spaces
• Finance Plan in USD: incl. information on status: confirmed or pending
• Budget Overview in USD
• Status of the project: max. 600 characters incl. spaces
• Short CV - director: max. 800 characters incl. spaces
• Short CV - producer: max. 800 characters incl. spaces
• Online streaming link of a short self-presentation video (max 2 min) stating your motivation to take part in the training
• All applications can be sent in SPANISH or ENGLISH.
• All texts should be sent in ONE PDF (max. 3 MB).
• All video material must be submitted via link to stream online. No download links please.
• All applicants should attend the webinars as a team (director and producer).
• The language of the workshops will be Spanish and English depending on the mentor.
• Access: Evidence of access to key characters or institutions. This can be presented as a written statement in your treatment and/or as part of the visual material in your teaser. Releases of main protagonists must be signed by the second session.
The participants of CAMPUS LATINO will be selected by a selection committee. An emphasis will be placed on the creative and international potential of the proposed documentary film projects.
As soon as the selection of the CAMPUS LATINO participants is official, all applicants will receive an email telling them if their projects have been accepted or rejected. The applications and proposed documentary projects will be treated confidentially. All rights on the developed projects remain with the participants.
Need more information?
Bettina Walter, Head of Studies: email@example.com (Spanish and English)
Jenny Mügel, Goethe Institute: Jenny.Muegel@goethe.de (Spanish and English)
Dorothea Schiebel, Management: firstname.lastname@example.org (English)