About the Programme
What is Campus Latino?
Documentary Campus and the Goethe-Institut Mexico have set up a joint training programme for talented and experienced filmmakers from Latin America who do not have sufficient access to the international market.
By cooperating with existing local and regional institutions, festivals and media events, the programme’s objective is to create a high-quality training for the emerging Latin American documentary market that supports projects on a long-term basis, ensuring their quality and increasing their chances of being coproduced.
How it works:
Selected participants attend workshops that offer insight into the whole process of setting up an international coproduction and cover topics, such as: how to develop your story, access the international market, pitch your project and distribute your finished film.
• Train and professionalize local filmmakers to help them develop high-quality projects.
• Offer creative and practical support at every stage of project development.
• Be a platform to strengthen the documentary market in Latin America as a whole and thereby improving coproduction possibilities both in the region and on an international level.
• Attract international experts, financiers and producers interested in working in and with Latin America.
• Build bridges between countries to create a strong network of talent as well as connecting documentary filmmakers from all over Latin America with global experts.
An initiative by:
Cooperation Partners 2017 & 2018: