Who can apply:
• Producer / Director teams with documentary projects in development.
• Creative documentaries for festival and theatrical release and/or TV broadcast
• Television series
• Multiplatform and interactive projects
• There are no restrictions on length
Projects are required to focus on the Cultural Heritage of Turkey in a broad sense:
• INTANGIBLE CULTURAL HERITAGE: cultural traditions, food, languages, legends, mythology, storytelling, traditional festivals, folklore.
• ARTS: architecture, cinema, crafts, design, dance, literature, music, photography, theatre, visual arts.
• TANGIBLE CULTURAL HISTORY: libraries, monuments, archaeology.
Feel free to dig deeper. Use your imagination and be creative but stick with the theme – the Cultural Heritage of Turkey and be sure to approach your subject with a filmmaker’s point of view.
DECEMBER 2021 and FEBRUARY 2022: Workshops in Istanbul
If your project and team are chosen, you are required to attend two, five-day workshops in Istanbul. Participants must commit to attend all sessions. There is no participation fee for the workshops.
Please note: We are currently planning to hold the workshops in person in Istanbul, however we may need to modify and make contingency plans in case international travel and/or in person sessions are not possible or safe. We will inform participants of our decisions and any developments closer to the actual dates of the workshops.
WHAT TO SUBMIT & WHEN
Please submit your application by September 20, 2021. All materials must be in English and Turkish. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. The information you provide will remain private unless your project is selected. If you and your project are selected to participate in the workshops, the application materials submitted will be published both on the Campus Istanbul and Documentary Campus websites, and in the printed catalogues distributed to all participants and trainers during the workshops.
Please go to the official project website www.cultivatedocumentary.net to see the detailed application requirements and to hand in your application.
If you need more information, contact: email@example.com
PROJECT EVALUATION & SELECTION PROCESS
Projects will be evaluated by a selection committee consisting of representatives from Documentary Campus, Tunel Culture, the Association of Documentary Filmmakers in Turkey (BSB), Istanbul Cinema Network, and the program’s Head of Studies. If necessary, online interviews will be conducted. All applicants will receive an email informing them if their projects have been selected or not. The names of the twelve selected projects and their creators will then be published on the official project website: www.cultivatedocumentary.net
Campus Istanbul participants and their projects will be selected based on the following criteria:
• Creative standards
• Quality, originality and relevance of the concept
• Professionalism and competence of the production team
• International potential
• Coproduction potential
• Digital potential
• Potential for professional exchange between Turkey and other countries
• Diversity of project content, production team and characters
The selection committee may wish to speak with you online if they need more information or clarification.
As soon as the selection of the participating projects is finalized, all applicants will receive an email informing them of the results.
The applications will be treated confidentially however the selected projects will be published on the website and in the catalogue. All rights of the developed projects remain with the participants, we ask only for acknowledgment of participation in the workshop in the film’s closing credits.