ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
What is Campus Istanbul?
Campus Istanbul is an initiative of Documentary Campus in partnership with Tünel Culture and Art Association and in collaboration with Istanbul Cinema Network, with the cooperation of the Association of Documentary Filmmakers in Turkey and the participation of DOK.fest München.
It offers 12 documentary film projects and their producer/director teams a 2-part workshop series in Turkey conducted by highly regarded industry professionals. Participants will further their knowledge across a broad range of subjects from content creation to financing and distribution.
Campus Istanbul is financed through the Grant Scheme for Common Cultural Heritage: Preservation and Dialogue between Turkey and the EU–II (CCH-II).
Aims of Campus Istanbul:
• Deliver world class training providing participants with the long-term knowledge to develop documentary projects to international standards
• Develop 12 documentary projects that focus on the Cultural Heritage of Turkey and maximise their international potential
• Provide creative guidance through every stage of project development
• Expand business skills and strategies that will ensure a project’s impact and exposure
• Spotlight factual content from Turkey
• Attract financing partners, coproducers, distributors and sales agents
• Stimulate international coproduction opportunities
How it works:
12 projects and their producer/director teams are chosen to participate in two intense workshops located in Istanbul. The workshops are led by Head of Studies, Gitte Hansen, and industry professionals who will guide the development of the projects and help shape them to get ready for the international market. Two projects with the most promising international market potential will be chosen to pitch their projects at the Master’s Pitch, DOK.fest München, in May, 2022.
Please see important detailed information about the application requirements and selection process in the HOW TO APPLY section.
Photo Credit: Gürcan Öztürk