Industry Training Sessions
Through a variety of public industry training sessions, we tackle the most trending topics of our industry and discuss the challenges, developments and innovations taking place in the international non-fiction film market. Our industry training sessions are open to a broad professionally interested audience and offer outstanding networking opportunities. They typically consist of hands-on presentations, high-quality case studies and well-guided panel discussions as our programmes are carefully crafted by renowned programme curators from the industry.
Our industry training sessions take place in various European cities and often we team-up with international festivals and markets such as Mipdoc, Sheffield Doc/Fest, Sunny Side of the Doc, CPH:DOX or Dok.fest Munich to create lively platforms for knowledge and exchange.
Our sessions cover the following topics:
- Story development, narrative strategies, project presentation and dramaturgy
- Aesthetic demands on documentary films and directing for an international audience, with special reference to the use of modern technologies
- (Co-)production and financing of documentary projects for the international market
- Distribution, promotion and marketing of documentaries to an international audience
- Use of digital technologies in the creation, production and distribution of audiovisual works
- Strategic company management in an increasingly interwoven global industry
- Guidance on special genres in the international non-fiction market
Documentary Campus' Industry Training Sessions are funded by:
Local Partners and Supporters are listed under each event in our Calendar.
Sat 09 Jun 2018Based on the hugely successful Craft Summit which we introduced at Sheffield Doc/Fest 2017, we are delighted to bring it back this year and present to you the latest developments related to the craft of documentary. The Craft Summit is a... read more »
Wed 27 Jun 201827 June 2018 10.00 - 11.00 am Auditorium / Espace Encan Science storytelling is the 'guinea pig' in an experiment that, if successful, may change the way audiences consume science. New narratives are being tested, risks taken, and... read more »
Thu 28 Jun 2018SILBERSALZ is a young, innovative film and science festival, which will take place for the first time from 28.06.2018 until 01.07.2018 in Halle an der Saale. Combining film screenings, installations, lectures, workshops and panel discussions,... read more »
Fri 26 Oct 2018The Leipzig Networking Days is the Documentary Campus event at which the projects being developed in our 2018 Masterschool and Crossing Borders programmes, as well as two selected Documentary Campus member projects are being pitched to high... read more »