Industry Training Sessions
Through a variety of public industry training sessions, we tackle the most trending topics of our industry and discuss the challenges, developments and innovations taking place in the international non-fiction film market. Our industry training sessions are open to a broad professionally interested audience and offer outstanding networking opportunities. They typically consist of hands-on presentations, high-quality case studies and well-guided panel discussions as our programmes are carefully crafted by renowned programme curators from the industry.
Our industry training sessions take place in various European cities and often we team-up with international festivals and markets such as Mipdoc, Sheffield Doc/Fest, Sunny Side of the Doc, CPH:DOX or Dok.fest Munich to create lively platforms for knowledge and exchange.
Our sessions cover the following topics:
- Story development, narrative strategies, project presentation and dramaturgy
- Aesthetic demands on documentary films and directing for an international audience, with special reference to the use of modern technologies
- (Co-)production and financing of documentary projects for the international market
- Distribution, promotion and marketing of documentaries to an international audience
- Use of digital technologies in the creation, production and distribution of audiovisual works
- Strategic company management in an increasingly interwoven global industry
- Guidance on special genres in the international non-fiction market
Documentary Campus' Industry Training Sessions are funded by:
Local Partners and Supporters are listed under each event in our Calendar.
Fri 26 Oct 2018The Leipzig Networking Days are the Documentary Campus event at which the projects developed at our 2018 Masterschool and Crossing Borders programmes, as well as two selected Documentary Campus member projects are being pitched to high-profile... read more »
Thu 15 Nov 2018The media industry is currently undergoing more drastic changes than ever before. New markets are emerging and, in addition to classic linear television, there are more and more platforms that have now reached the status of major players. For the... read more »
Thu 27 Jun 2019SILBERSALZ is a young, innovative film and science festival, which celebrated its first edition in 2018 and will be back next year from 27-30 JUNE 2019. Combining film screenings, installations, lectures, workshops and panel... read more »