ITVS Digital Open Call
The Digital Open Call provides funding to develop and pilot digital series concepts on any subject, and from any viewpoint, for public media’s digital platforms. Projects must be in development, and cannot have begun principal production.
There is one funding round per year. Applicants may apply for only one project per call. The entire proposal review process takes up to three months.
Digital Open Call funding is not a grant; applicants receive funding in the form of a development agreement that assigns ITVS certain important rights over the project during the term of the contract.
Who can apply
The Digital Open Call funding is only available to independent producers who are citizens or legal residents of the U.S. and its external territories.
The Digital Open Call accepts:
- proposals for digital series in development that have not yet begun principal production;
- proposals for web series of any length (i.e., length of episodes, or number of episodes);
- all genres of web series - fiction or non-fiction, linear or immersive, episodic or anthology.
Digital Open Call does not accept:
- proposals for series projects already in production;
- proposals for completed series projects seeking distribution;
- proposals for TV broadcast series or feature length films.
The Digital Open Call provides up to $50,000 in research and development funding.
Types of funding available
- Development and Production Support
- Project Development
Applications accepted from
- United States