ITVS Open Call
Open Call provides completion funds for single non-fiction public television programs on any subject, and from any viewpoint. Projects must have begun production as evidenced by a work-in-progress video.
There are two funding rounds per year, and the deadlines are typically in February and August. Applicants may apply with only one project per call. Only one to three percent of Open Call applicants will receive funding.
Open Call is not a grant; ITVS provides a co-production investment in the program.
Who can apply
Open Call funding is only available to independent producers who are citizens or legal residents of the U.S. and its external territories.
Open Call accepts:
- single programs of standard broadcast length (half-hour or one-hour);
- in rare cases, when a filmmaker’s skills, subject, and story structure warrant it, ITVS will consider programs at feature lengths;
- works-in-progress (for nonfiction submissions), i.e. projects that have already begun production;
- programs that can be completed within one year of contract.
Open Call does not accept:
- proposals for completed projects seeking distribution;
- series proposals or fictional dramas;
- projects intended solely for theatrical release.
Types of funding available
Applications accepted from
- United States