ITVS Diversity Development Fund (DDF)
The Diversity Development Fund (DDF) provides research and development funding. Funded activities may include travel, research, script development, preliminary production for fundraising/work-in-progress reels, or other early phase activities.
There is one funding round per year. Applicants may apply for only one project per call. The entire proposal review process takes up to three months. Around five percent of applicants will receive funding.
DDF is not a grant; applicants receive funding in the form of a development agreement that assigns ITVS certain important rights over the project during the term of the contract.
Who can apply
The funding is available for producers of color who wish to develop single documentary programs for public television.
- Projects that have not yet begun production;
- Programs that can become eligible for ITVS production funding initiatives as single programs of standard broadcast length (half-hour or one-hour);
- In rare cases ITVS will consider feature-length programs.
DDF does not accept:
- Proposals for completed projects seeking distribution;
- Series proposals or fictional dramas;
- Projects intended solely for theatrical release.
DDF provides up to $15,000 in research and development funding.
Types of funding available
- Development and Production Support
- Project Development
Applications accepted from
- United States