Tribeca Film Institute: Documentary Fund
Institution: Tribeca Film Institute
The TFI Documentary Fund furthers the development of exceptional character-driven, non-fiction works that spotlight contemporary themes with an original focus and bold, creative filmmaking. This fund allows TFI to fund many audience-grabbing genres that fall under the documentary umbrella.
With this fund, TFI looks for films that specifically sit outside of the social-issue landscape by painting a dynamic portrait of compelling individuals and uplifting stories. By playfully engaging in these unexplored perspectives, TFI seeks to spotlight the journey of the individual.
Who can apply
- filmmakers from across the world
- must be feature-length documentaries with an intended length of at least 70 minutes and should creatively document unique character(s)
- can be in the advanced stages of development, production or post-production (TFI/ESPN Prize projects excluded), but must not have aired on any form of television, been screened publicly or have been distributed in theatres or via the Internet
- must show enough footage to highlight character, unique access and storytelling ability
- foreign language documentaries are eligible, but must be subtitled and suitable for an American audience
Grants awarded are of at least $10, 000 (generally from $25,000 - $50,000). The TFI/ESPN Prize and TFI/A+E Feature Doc Workshop are a grant and initiative, respectively, within the fund.
Tel: +1 212 274 8080 28