Chicken & Egg Pictures: Grants
Institution: Chicken & Egg Pictures
Chicken & Egg Pictures supports female non-fiction filmmakers whose artful and innovative storytelling catalyzes social change. Chicken & Egg Pictures have been been able to fund about 10 to 15 new projects each year via the Open Call.
- I Believe in You Grants support a filmmaker as she explores her vision, finds clarity in her story, or stays the creative course - be it the early stages of development or post production
- Liberty Grants offer a filmmaker the creative space and freedom to focus on getting to a locked and complete film or to launch on the festival circuit with her rights intact
- Celebration Grants support the bold, tenacious, trailblazing filmmaker - often a veteran artist, with several completed films to her name - as she continues pushing the genre, refining her craft, and challenging herself and the field
Who can apply
- international female filmmakers may apply
- if a filmmaker is offered a grant, she must arrange to be represented by a fiscal sponsor that supports international filmmakers
- non-fiction feature, non-fiction short, hybrid, new media/multiple platforms, and other genres on a case-by-case basis
- films that tackle human rights, social justice, and environmental issues in a nuanced, original, and compelling way
The average grant is around $10,000. Additionally, Chicken & Egg Pictures offer follow-up grants to some existing projects, either for community engagement efforts or other strategic funds. This process is handled outside of the online system through a direct email contact.
Tel: +1 212 875-0456