Leipzig Networking Days
The LND are the highlight of the Documentary Campus event calendar, where we present this year’s exciting projects developed at the Masterschool and Campus Latino as well as selected Documentary Campus Creative Council projects.
We have chosen a new venue, a historical former public swimming pool designed and built in the tradition of the Bauhaus architecture of the 1920s: the Westbad. Today it is equipped with a professional ventilation system offering enough space to host us – all corona safety measures taken into account. We will ensure the protection of our guests and team through a professional safety and hygiene concept that we successfully implemented last year.
Please note: With Covid-19 numbers on the rise again, we decided to implement the 2G+ RULE for the Leipzig Networking Days, meaning you can attend the event if you are fully vaccinated or recovered, or have a negative PCR Test dated 22 October. This is subject to change depending on the current Covid situation closer to the event.
SATURDAY 23 OCTOBER programme runs from 10:00–19.30
• Official Opening: Welcome & Introduction
- Donata von Perfall, Director, Documentary Campus
- Laurane Bertrand, Coordinator for Greening in the Creative Europe MEDIA Programme
- Dr. Ulrich Brochhagen, Head of Department of History and Documentaries, MDR
- Dr. Patrick Hörl, Head of Board, Documentary Campus
• Masterschool Pitching
For a sneak preview, take a look at our 15 Masterschool projects in development.
• Campus Latino Pitching
In partnership with the Goethe-Institut Mexico, Madrid and Bogota, DocsMX (Mexico), Conecta (Chile), DOCMA (Spain), BAM (Colombia), PIAC (Germany), BWP (Spain), we are proud to present 3 selected projects from our training programme for Latin-American and Spanish filmmakers.
• Documentary Campus Creative Council Pitch
We will present up to 2 selected projects from the Documentary Campus Creative Council.
• Surprise Pitch
As a delegate, you have a unique chance to win a surprise pitch and present your own project in front of distinguished international buyers.
• Networking Drinks
We will round off the pitch marathon day with drinks & brezels.
SUNDAY 24 OCTOBER programme runs from 09.30–16.30
• 1-to-1 Meetings between pitching teams and decision-makers (on location 09.30–13.00)
• Parallel: Thematic coffee roundtables ‘Network with …’ to exchange knowledge by sharing experiences and advice in a group setting (09.30–13.00)
• 1-to-1 Meetings between pitching teams and decision-makers (online 14.30–16.30)
The programme and times are still subject to change.
BUYERS, SALES AGENTS, FUNDS & FESTIVALS - The list will be updated continuously.
• Thomas Beyer, MDR / Germany
• Adam Gee, Online Video Expert / UK
• Caroline Haidacher, ORF / Austria
• Niam Itani, TRT / Turkey
• Hanka Kastelicová, HBO Europe / Czech Republic
• Dirk Neuhoff, NDR / Germany
• Markus Nikel, RAI / Italy
• Louise Rosen, Louise Rosen Ltd. / USA
• Bernd Seidl, SWR / Germany
• Kay Siering, Spiegel TV / Germany
• Siegfried Steinlechner, ORF / Austria
• Marketa Stinglova, Czech TV / Czech Republic
• Andreas Wildfang, EYZ Media / Germany
• Ben Bassauer, Monoduo Film / Germany
• Hanne Biermann, Deckert Distribution / Germany
• Michaela Čajkova, Filmotor / Czech Republic
• Kate Chapman, Journeyman Pictures / UK
• Elisabeth Grund, Autlook / Austria
• Bianca Laschalt, Kloos & Co./ Germany
• Jan Rofekamp, Films Transit International / Canada
• Valentin Romero, 3boxmedia / Germany
• Michael Treves, JMT Films / Israel
• Esther van Messel, First Hand Films / Switzerland
• Margje de Koning, Movies That Matter Festival / The Netherlands
• Kristýna Genttnerová, One World – Human Rights Festival / The Netherlands
• Katrine Kiilgaard, CPH:DOX / Denmark
• Laura Longobardi, FIFDH Geneva / Switzerland
• Daniel Salzwedel, MBB / Germany
• Alrun Ziemendorf, MDM / Germany
• Natalia Arshavskaya, Current Time TV / USA
• Udo Bremer, ZDF, 3sat / Germany
• Claudia Bucher, ARTE G.E.I.E. / France
• Ken-ichi Imamura, NHK Enterprises & Tokyo Docs / Japan
• Martin Kowalczyk, BR / Germany
• Dagmar Mielke, RBB, ARTE / Germany
• Jackie Murphy, Al Jazeera English / UK
• Ekaterina Ochagavia, The Guardian / UK
• Martin Pieper, ZDF/ARTE Thema / Germany
• Lindsay Poulton, The Guardian / UK
• Sonja Scheider, BR / Germany
• Chris Schmidt, PBS WGBH / USA
• Barbara Schmitz, WDR / Germany
• Robin Brinster, Illumina Films / The Netherlands
• Kazz Basma, Sideways Films / UK
• Vesna Cudic, MetFilm Sale / UK
• Frauke Knappke, MAGNETFILM / Germany
• Lisa Valencia-Svensson, Hot Docs Festival / Canada
• Lauriane Bertrand, DG CONNECT - Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology/ Belgium
• Elise McCave, Kickstarter / USA
• Frédéric Njem, European Commission MEDIA Programme / Belgium
• Debra Zimmermann, Women Make Movies / USA
IMPORTANT - please note: With Covid-19 numbers on the rise again, we decided to implement the 2G+ RULE for the Leipzig Networking Days, meaning you can attend the event if you are fully vaccinated or recovered, or have a negative PCR Test dated 22 October.
How can I prove I am fully vaccinated?
If you have been vaccinated against COVID-19, you can prove your status of full vaccination by presenting your yellow vaccination booklet, or your digital vaccination certificate, which you can display on your smartphone to our staff before entering the venue. If you haven’t yet received your digital certificate, speak to your doctor or a pharmacy before coming to Leipzig.
How can I prove I have recovered from COVID-19?
If you’ve recovered from coronavirus, you can present your positive test result as proof. The test result is valid from 11 to 180 days after you tested positive. You can also download your positive test result onto either the Corona-Warn-App or the CovPass app to receive a digital certificate.
2G+ / Negative PCR Test
If you are neither vaccinated nor recovered, you will need to present a negative PCR test result dating Friday, 22 October. Negative rapid antigen tests will not be accepted. This is subject to change depending on the Covid situation closer to the event.
REGISTRATION & FEES
REGISTER NOW »
EUR 160.00 EARLY BIRD FEE available till 8 October
EUR 190.00 Regular Fee
EUR 100.00 Alumni Fee/ Student
EUR 100.00 Eastern Europe Fee
EUR 160.00 Delegation Fee
The Special Delegation fee applies for delegates from our partners. If you are part of any of the listed organisations, please contact them to get your discount code:
• Allianz Deutscher Produzenten
• AG DOK
• Mitteldeutsche Medienförderung
• Documentary Association of Europe
• Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg
• Filmverband Sachsen
The registration fee includes the following:
• Access to the Leipzig Networking Days (23 & 24 October)
• Coffee & Lunch Breaks Saturday & Sunday
• Networking Drinks Saturday Evening
Registration closes 14 October 2021.
04177 Leipzig, Germany
HOW TO GET THERE
By plane: Lots of international airlines offer direct flights to Leipzig/Halle (LEJ) Airport, which is 22 kilometres northwest of central Leipzig. Trains run frequently between the airport and the city and the journey takes 14 minutes. A convenient alternative is flying into Berlin (TXL or SXF) and catching the train to Leipzig. Trains depart every hour from Berlin Hauptbahnhof and take 60 minutes to reach Leipzig. See below for further details.
By car: Leipzig can easily be reached by car as it is very well connected to the Autobahn. The nearest Autobahn are the A14 (North, Northeast), A9 (West) and A38 (South).
By train: Deutsche Bahn: operates regular train service between Leipzig and nearby cities.
Get around in Leipzig: Find the best connections from the station to your hotel using public transport. You can search for connections at: www.lvb.de.
If you’d prefer to go by taxi, simply call: +49-341-4884
Supporters of the Documentary Campus Masterschool 2020: