Crossing Borders 2017: Open Pitching Day
Don't miss this unique opportunity to observe a world class international documentary pitching forum!
Observe 16 documentary filmmakers from Europe and Asia pitch their projects to a panel of decision makers from all over the world! Witness, learn and experience what it takes to present your story ideas at an international level!
The event is brought to you by:
09:00-09:20: Welcome & Introduction
09:20-11:00: Pitching Part 1
11:00-11:30: Coffee Break
11:30-13:30: Pitching Part 2
13:30-14:45: Lunch Break
15:00-18:30: Individual Meetings between decision makers and pitching teams
LIST OF DECISION MAKERS
• Dato Azmir, Deputy Director General, FINAS, Malaysia
• Justin Deimen, Managing Partner, Aurora Media Holdings / Aurora Global Media Capital, Singapore
• Meriem Mesraoua, Grants Senior Coordinator, Doha Film Institute, Qatar
• Mavourneen Dineen, Senior Producer for 101East, Al Jazeera Media Network, Malaysia
• Taiyi Liu, Taiwan Section Chief, Media Development, Dept. Curation & Acquisition Section, DaAi TV (Tzu Chi Culture and Communication Foundation), Taiwan
• Laura Glassman, VP of Programming and Production, Regional, NGC, Hong Kong
• Panuksmi Hardjowirogo, Founding Producer, M'GO FILMS, Singapore
• Apoorva Bakshi, Managing Director Original Productions, Filmkaravan, USA
• Laetitia Schoofs, Commissioning Editor, Buddhist Programming, KRO-NCRV, The Netherlands
• Yoshihiko Ichiya, Japan Senior Producer / Global Content, Development Division, NHK, Japan
• Jae Hyuk Lee, Senior Vice President of CJ Factual Studios, CJ E&M, Korea
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anybody who is interested in gaining insight into broadcasters and their programming needs, as well as trends in the documentary market on a global level. Filmmakers who would like to pitch their documentary story ideas at an international level.
THE PROJECTS BEING PITCHED
These filmmakers have been taking part in an intense Crossing Borders documentary training programme over the past six months and will now pitch their projects to an international panel of comissioning editors, distributors, funders and you!
Details for the 14 projects can be found HERE
PITCH AWARD by ASIAN SIDE OF THE DOC
One documentary project from the Crossing Borders 2017 programme will get the unique opportunity to pitch at "Asian Side of the Doc" and access funding from international commissioning editors at its 8th edition being held from January 30 to February 2, 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand. More information can be found HERE